|1||2egg whites + 1 whole egg (110 cal) scrambled w/bell pepper, onion, mushroom & spinach (30 cal)||1 apple (80 cal) 1 tbs peanut or almond butter (100 cal)||1/2 c cooked quinoa (114 cal) w/2-3 c stir-fry veggies (30-90 cal) & 1/2 oz almonds (85 cal) + 1 tsp canola oil (40 cal)||1-2 C fresh raw veggies 30-60 cal) w/2 tbs hummus (50-70 cal)||3 c Mixed Veggie stir-fry w/1/3 c edamame (60 cal), 1 tbs pumpkin seeds (63 cal), 1/2 oz pecans (98 cal), broccoli (30 cal per cup), cauliflower (25 cal per cup), mushrooms (15 cal per cup), etc. + 1 tsp olive or canola oil (40 cal)|
|2||1 c cooked Steel cut or rolled oats (170 cal) w/cinnamon, chopped almonds (5=35 cal) or walnuts (.25oz=46 cal) and 1/4 c fresh seasonal fruit (13-35 cal)||1 c strawberries (45 cal)||1 black bean burger (290 cal) w/sweet potato "fries" (75 cal)||10-12 raw almonds (170 cal per oz--85 cal)||1 C Stir-fried tofu (176 cal) w/2-3 C fresh veggies (spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, etc.) (30-90 cal) 1/2 oz raw almonds (85 cal) + 1 tsp olive or canola oil (40 cal)|
|3||1 Apple w/1 tbs Peanut or Almond Butter (185 cal)||1 oz walnuts (185 cal) 1/2 pear (70 cal)||1/2 C cooked brown rice (115 cal), 1/2 c cooked lentils (115 cal) & 2 c fresh veggies (30-70 cal)||1 banana (120 cal)||1/2 C cooked Quinoa (114 cal), 2-3 c stir-fried fresh veggies (30-90 cal) with 1 tbs pine nuts (58 cal) + 1 tsp olive or canola oil (40 cal)|
|4||2 egg white + 1 whole egg omelet (110 cal), fresh veggies like tomatoe, onion, bell pepper, etc. (30 cal) topped with 1/4 avocado and fresh salsa (70 cal)||1 orange (80 cal)||Lentil-Quinoa Pilaf w/Arugula (481 cal)||1 peach (70-80 cal)||3 C fresh spinach or spring mix (20 cal) w/fresh veggies, ie. bell pepper, cucumber, tomato, mushrooms, grn onion, broccoli, etc. (30-50 cal), 1/2 oz chopped walnuts (88 cal) Can add 1 hard boiled egg (75 cal) & 1 - 2 tbs balsalmic vinaigrette (45-90 cal)|
|5||1 Banana (120 cal) with 10-12 raw almonds (85 cal)||1 c grapes (100 cal)||1/2 c Brown rice (115 cal) w/2-3 c veggies (30-90 cal) & toasted 1/2 oz almonds or peanuts (85 cal) and 1 tsp canola oil (40 cal)||2 C Kale Chips(117 cal)||1.5 c Vegetable and Tofu (294 cal)|
1. Have no more than 1-2 servings of grain per day and have them for breakfast &/or lunch not at dinner time. One slice of bread is a serving. 1/2 cup cooked brown rice is a serving.
2. Have no more than 1-2 servings of fruit also during the day not at dinner or later. One piece of fruit or 1 cup of cut fruit is a serving.
3. A serving of beef, chicken or fish would be 3-4 ounces. A serving of beans or lentils (protein) would be 1 cup cooked OR LESS.
4. Avoid "white" foods like potatoes, white rice, breads and pastas with enriched flour or other white flours, sugars and other sweeteners [or foods with sugars like marshmallows :o)].
5. Avoid all dairy including milk, cheese, yogurt, ice cream, etc.
6. Eat vegetables abundantly!! You can have as much as you want of most vegetables 6-7 cups or more per day is fine. However, be careful with things like peas, corn, beans, and other high calorie veggies as it is easy to overeat on those and take in too many calories.
7. Obviously, for now, you need to avoid sweets :o)
8. Snacks should be light--a fruit with 10-12 raw almonds or fresh raw veggies with 1-2 tbs hummus.
9. Please try to eat dinner early if possible. The best is to try to be finished eating by 6 or 7pm. After dinner, you should be done eating for the day.
I also recommend avoiding processed foods of all types as the quality of the food is diminished in the processing.