- 2 large eggs (140 calories)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups applesauce, unsweetened (200 calories)
- ½ cup or 1 banana, mashed (120 calories)
- ½ cup honey (515 calories)
- 3 ½ cups, Old Fashioned rolled oats (1330 calories)
- 1 ½ cups steel cut oats (1020 calories)
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal (80 calories)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups water
- ½ cup white raisins (218 calories)
- ½ cup dried cranberries (260 calories)
- ½ cup slivered almonds (312 calories)
- ½ cup DARK chocolate chips (387 calories)
4,582 total calories per recipe/yield 30 muffins = 145 calories per muffin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil water and add to steel cut oats; soak oats until cool.
- Mix in eggs, vanilla, applesauce, banana and honey.
- Add in oats, flax, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and mix well with wet ingredients.
- Add dried fruit, nuts, and chocolate chips or other add-ins as desired.
- Spray a 12 with cooking spray or use cupcake liners—I use 2” Teflon cupcake liners and drop ¼ c of mixture into muffin liners making 30 muffins. Muffins will NOT rise.
- Bake 25 minutes until a toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Cool and enjoy or freeze for later.